Modified on: 31/08/2023
Tricks and secrets for a marijuana cake baked to perfection
A marijuana-based dessert is one of the most fun and tasty ways to enjoy the many qualities and benefits of the legal CBD cannabis plant.
It is undoubtedly one of the slowest methods of taking it, as it can take between half an hour to two hours to absorb legal (and not) marijuana.
The cannabis passes from the stomach before being filtered in the liver. At the end of this process, the active ingredients enter the bloodstream.
Smoking marijuana or hashish, however, allows an almost immediate effect, since the oxygenated blood in the lungs and loaded with cannabinoids is directly directed to the brain.
However, inhalation involves a bioavailability of much lower than digestion: of smoked marijuana, only 30% enters the circulation, taking about 10 minutes for sensitive effects.
The bioavailability of the cannabinoids contained in a food is supposed to be close to 100%. It is why the effects are exponentially multiplied in intensity and caution is generally recommended in dosages.
The greater permanence of cannabinoids in the blood, together with their greater availability, condemn the consumer to feel the effects for several hours.
Generally, it is recommended to calculate the portions starting from an average dosage for each of 100 mg of cannabis.
Do you want to buy marijuana online to make a legal cannabis cake?
Here is the right place: JustBob offers you a huge choice of inflorescences from controlled and organic crops.
Marijuana cake oil and butter: here’s how to dose them per serving
Cannabinoids are hydrophobic substances, insoluble in water. For the preparation of food compounds (snacks and cakes), therefore, cannabis must release its metabolites into lipid substances: oil and butter.
To prepare CBD oil for food use, the steps to follow are simple and immediate:
- Grind the inflorescences of legal CBD marijuana: the concentration of cannabinoids in the cannabis of your choice will give you the idea of what concentration to obtain for cannabis oil (for example, Solomatic CBD, with 21% CBD, which means that for 1 gram of inflorescences you will have about 210 mg of CBD);
- Put the oil in a saucepan over low heat, add the ground inflorescences and turn slowly for 30 minutes;
- Let the oil cool and filter it to remove the plant matter.
For cannabis butter, this is an equally simple process; the reasoning on the dosage is the same as with the oil:
- Grind the CBD flowers;
- Add, in a pot, the cannabis together with water and butter in proportion 1 to 4 (1 litre of water for every 250 grams of butter);
- Leave the pan to simmer for at least three hours and stir occasionally: when the fat layer emerges on the surface, the mixture is ready;
- Let everything cool down and filter it, then let the mixture rest in the fridge overnight;
- The next morning remove the layer of butter to prevent it from mixing again with the water. Your cannabis butter is ready!
And now let’s move on to the recipes of the marijuana cake.
The queen of cannabis cakes: Space Cake. Here are the ingredients
Space Cake is the queen of cannabis-based cakes, a must in every coffee shop in Amsterdam!
Here are the ingredients for the base and about 6 people:
- 70 g of Cannabis butter;
- 200 g of self-raising flour;
- 200 g of sugar;
- 1 sachet of baking powder;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 glass of cold mocha coffee (optional);
- 1 pinch of salt;
- Icing ingredients.
The glaze is optional, and the quantity of ingredients can vary according to the desired thickness or the surface to be covered.
In general, the proportions are those indicated below:
- 125 g of dark chocolate;
- 40 g of cannabis butter;
- You are free to add other ingredients as you like: orange or lemon peel, almonds or other chopped nuts, etc.
Be creative and follow your imagination!
And now let’s move on to the preparation:
- In a bowl, add the sugar to the eggs (do not separate the yolk from the egg white) and beat them with a whisk until obtaining a homogeneous mixture;
- Add the legal hemp butter to the mix and, if you want, the coffee and continue to beat;
- Continue to whisk, add the sifted flour to the rain;
- Add a pinch of salt;
- Add the sifted yeast and continue to beat until a smooth and lump-free mixture is obtained;
- Grease a baking tray or cover it with greaseproof paper;
- Preheat the oven to 180° C and cook for 50/60 minutes (to understand if it is cooked, skewer the cake with a toothpick and take it out: if it emerges clean, then the cooking is perfect, otherwise wait another 5 minutes and repeat the operation);
- Let the Space Cake cool and cover it with icing or icing sugar.
- Break the dark chocolate and melt it in a water bath;
- When the chocolate is melted, add the legal herb butter cut into cubes and mix until a homogeneous cream is obtained;
- Combine any additional ingredient you want: grated orange or lemon peels, chopped nuts or other, continuing to mix;
- Let the icing cool down and then pour it on your Space Cake;
- Always remember not to overdo it: make small portions and do not be impatient, it will take about 45-90 minutes for you to feel the effects.
We wish you a good appetite!