Autoflowering cannabis varieties automatically switch from vegetative growth to the flowering phase with age, with a substantial difference in the ratio of hours of light and hours of darkness required depending on the different strains.
Understanding the benefits of this type of seed is simple, many autoflowering seeds will in fact give life to marijuana plants ready to be harvested in less than 10 weeks.
Among the numerous characteristics, net of a rapid flowering, the size of the plant produced with an autoflowering also plays a decisive role, that is certainly an advantage for you.
What is the difference between “Fem” and “Automatic”?
The word “Feminized”, “Feminizers” or “FEM” only indicates that the plants will be seasonal, thus following a photoperiod. These plants grow and bloom according to the season and the hours of light; if grown with artificial light they grow in vegetative phase with 18 hours of light and bloom with about 12 hours of light and 12 of darkness. For this reason they are defined as seasonal plants and this is the main difference with the other Cannabis seeds sold here.
Marijuana seeds, on the other hand, called with the words “Automatic”, or “Autoflowering” are cannabis seeds (always feminized, therefore 99.9% female) that bloom distinctly from the photoperiod, the hours of light and the season. These plants are obtained by crossing the classic FEM genetics with the Ruderalis cannabis type. Normally Autoflowering plants have smaller size and productivity than seasonal plants but are easier to cultivate.
What are the advantages of plants obtained from auto-flowering marijuana seeds?
The rapid growth cycle and the compact size of the autoflowering strains make them the definitive choice for a discreet cultivation.
Among the advantages deriving from the choice of an autoflowering seed it is possible to find:
- Short life cycle. Many varieties in fact go from seed to harvest in less than 13 weeks and some even in just seven weeks.
- Can be kept short stature for unobtrusive and more discreet growth.
- Flowering occurs as early as 2-3 weeks after germination due to the inherited heritage of Cannabis Ruderalis.
- There is no need to have a separate vegetative and flowering environment.
- The short life cycle makes it cultivable in cold climates or where summers are still short and cold.
- Can be grown outside, even in an urban environment where there is artificial lighting, which is not compatible with regular plants.
- Can produce multiple crops outdoors in a single cycle.
Do you want to produce more and the size is not a problem? Feminized seeds will guarantee a truly amazing yield.