What is cbd oil, what are its beneficial effects (and any eventual side effect)?
In recent years, much has been said about the benefits of Sativa L. cannabis products, legal marijuana, which are with very low THC content and high CBD. Among the best known are certain creams, lotions, and CBD oil. The properties and beneficial origins of CBD cannabis extracts immediately caused a sensation and benefits to many people of all ages.
LEMON CHEESEStarting from: 1,40€/g
GreenHouse | CBD+CBDA < 18%Grams3 5 10 20 50 100
CALIFORNIA HAZEStarting from: 1,70€/g
Indoor | CBD + CBDA < 24%Grams3 5 10 20 50 100
CBD HASH | CBD+CBDA < 16%
2,50€Grams3 5 10 20 50 100
SATIVA 5% | 10 ml
CBD Oil 5%
What are its properties, benefits and effects if you focus on CBD oil? And above all… How is it made?
Today, we will answer these questions, and explaining everything, absolutely everything about this particular oil.
What is CBD oil, and how is it made?
CBD oil is obtained by extracting cannabidiol from the light cannabis plant and diluting it with a carrier oil such as coconut or hemp seeds oil. Coconut oil is generally preferred, as in CBD oil Sativa and CBD oil Sensitiva, as it is odorless and colorless and naturally free of cannabinoids.
Specifically, cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the primary cannabis agents but has no psychotropic effects, unlike THC.
But how is it extracted from the plant?
Here are the main methods used to extract CBD from cannabis:
- Overcritical CO2 extraction (industrial method). In short, overcritical carbon dioxide (partially liquid and partially gaseous) can dissolve terpenes and resin produced by trichomes. After the various operations, carbon dioxide contains the cannabinoids, terpenes, and resin present on the CBD flowers of the clear grass and the leaves. At this point, carbon dioxide, rich in hemp compounds is released into a capacitor in which pressure and temperature return to normal. This process promotes the release of CBD oil, which is then associated with coconut oil, since this oil has antimicrobial properties and avoids preservatives.
- CBD extraction with animal or vegetable fats: CBD is a fat-soluble substance that can be extracted by dipping legal hemp pieces into liquids such as milk, melted butter or oil and boiling the product. It is the ultimate homemade method, but it does not guarantee the correct extraction of CBD.
- Solvent extraction: this is a method in which a liquid solvent, such as ethanol, is used to extract cannabinoids and terpenes. The process, which is only done at industrial level, can be hazardous when attempted at home because, as you know, alcohol is very flammable. If not done correctly, other solvents can contaminate the final product.
As you can imagine, the CBD oil you will find on the market, for example, in our JustBob store, is produced by means of extraction with CO2 or solvents.
But what exactly is CBD, and what are its characteristics?
CBD in legal cannabis oil: what is it, and what are its effects?
You probably wondered from the beginning what was this CBD contained in oil and other legal weed uk products … here is the answer.
CBD stands in short for cannabidiol, a non-psychoactive cannabinoid (unlike another equally famous cannabinoid, THC, which affects our psyche).
It means that taking cannabidiol does not change the perception of reality. On the contrary, it has very positive effects on our body and our immune system.
Here are a few:
- Immunomodulator (regulates immune response)
- Antiemetic (may relieve nausea and vomiting)
- Antioxidant (slows down cellular ageing and has neuroprotective effects)
- Decreased blood pressure
- Antipsychotic (CBD is a THC antagonist)
Studies in laboratory mice have also shown that it can inhibit the proliferation of cancer cells.
CBD oil, which usually contains a high proportion of cannabidiol, has the same effects.
Although its use is not yet allowed worldwide (we are writing this in 2021, so we hope that the situation will change in the years to come!) people in many countries consume this particular oil for specific reasons.
Why do many people use CBD oil? For its beneficial qualities!
CBD oil properties oil make it one of the most in-demand products for those who need to:
- Relieve pain without taking painkillers
- Reduce anxiety and symptoms of depression
- Relief of specific symptoms associated with cancer treatments such as nausea, vomiting, muscle pain, fatigue, etc.
- Limit acne with its antibacterial properties (even more due to the presence of coconut oil, which is also antimicrobial)
- Relax muscles in spastic by multiple sclerosis
- Promote sleep
- Decrease blood pressure due to its antihypertensive effect (it is not recommended for those who already suffer from low blood pressure)
Side effects may be due to hypotension (as this result is not favorable in some people), drowsiness and fatigue. In some cases, such as taking large amounts of CBD oil, episodes of diarrhea may also occur.
These effects are due to each product with a good proportion of cannabidiol. Be careful, however, because the ingestion of CBD oil is not allowed in every country.
The only hemp products allowed to be consumed are foodstuffs (seeds, hemp flour and derivatives) and marijuana-based drugs available in pharmacies and that contain THC.